Skip to main content

Blog Episode 3: Nintendo's E3 2017, My Thoughts So Far...


           So for those of you who don't know me in person, i'm the type of person who hates Japan, I really do, because of anime fans, and the blind anime haters gave it a bad reputation for me, it has quite enhanced my American patriotism to a degree. Granted, allow me to make an apology in advance for being a week late by the time this article is finished, i'm really sorry and the intention originally was for it to be published by the end of last week, apparently I was really busy with work (which shall not be named) and I was doing it nocturnally throughout the days, it was stress inducing. So, finally, tis' the day of my completion of said work, i'm free to finish the rest of this article for you all.
           Let me start off by saying that if there was one thing I liked about Japan, just one thing, it would be Nintendo. And when I heard about Iwata's death, I cried, realizing the man who've made my childhood and built it to the ground up. For years I've been battling anxiety and depression and Nintendo through my life's timeline, has helped me battle and overcome my personal kryptonites. If it wasn't for Nintendo, I wouldn't know where I would be today. Nintendo is the only thing I like about Japan, thank you for giving me a wonderful childhood.
            So let's get into the meat of this matter, the E3 Presentation, what were my thoughts, and how did I react to it all?

IT WAS FUCKING AWESOME!

              You heard that right and crystal fucking clear! Nintendo blew it out the park for me, almost everything on the list has left me in pure shock and awe! So let's go over the list of things that almost killed my wallet.

     (Caution: The following list contains my personal opinions and experiences, this list will not include every game that was shown in the presentation, just my personal highlights)

Xenoblade



               The first thing I saw and remembered on the presentation was a Xenoblade game. To be honest, I was never into Xenoblade and never even heard of it until now, probably because half of the characters look like attention seeking "CRAWLING IN MY SKIIIIIIIIIIIINNNNNNNNNNN" emos, but I do have to give them credit where credit is due, the original game had some pretty kickass fucking music. I remember playing Sm4sh (the game that introduced me to xenoblade) and hearing the track, "You Will Know Our Names" was the most epic thing I've ever heard in my life! And when I've taken a listen to the other tracks, they were just as good! So this game might end up in my library, mostly because of the updated graphics, and it's not a remake either, because the Wii version and Wii games in general, in my opinion don't have the most appealing graphics. The best graphics I've yet to see in a Wii game was Super Mario Galaxy and that's it. Next!

Kirby


                I had a fucking heart attack when I saw this, I was like,

          "Another Kirby game!???? HOLY SHIT I'M SOLD NINTENDO! I'M SOLD!!!"

                The trailer alone is what convinced me enough to really want a Switch! I had mixed thoughts about it before but now this game officially confirmed my true feelings about it...

           "I HAVE TO GET A NINTENDO SWITCH!!!"

                 I'm sorry if i'm just fanboying everywhere, but i'm a huge Kirby fan, I go through this shit everytime a new game is announced, but seeing this is the hardest I've ever fanboyed in my life! I was just throwing my wallet at my screen looking at this trailer, the improvement in graphics, most realistic shit I've ever seen, YOU CAN COMBINE ABILITIES LIKE IN KIRBY 64!!! AND HIS ANIMAL BUDDIES ARE BAAAAAAAACCCCCCCKKKKKKK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! YOU CAN ALSO CREATE CPU'S LIKE IN KIRBY SUPER STAR!!!
                  Holy shit, I gotta calm down. Am I good? Good? Okay. Another thing that I noticed is that the game itself is like remotely similar to that abandoned Kirby for the GameCube and it was announced for it back in E3 of 2005 I believe, never saw the light of day ever again. Another thing that really caught my eye was the hub world, where you can see Kirby in a bird's eye view going from level to level, kinda similar to Super Mario 3D World's hub map.
                 Since this game is not even out yet, I have a few predictions to make for this game. Firstly, I have a feeling that this game is going to be called, "Kirby's Dreamland 4", because if you look closely in a part of this trailer, around where Kirby uses that broom ability (Yes, I know, it returned), as soon as Kirby lounges towards an enemy, you can see Nago appear out of nowhere behind him, assisting his carnage upon his foes. Could this be a sign that this game might be called, "Kirby's Dreamland 4", we're not sure.
                  Also I predict that the final boss for this game is going to be either Nightmare returning from the first game or most excited for, Dark Matter! I think the latter will most likely happen because if you look closely at the Whispy Woods battle part of the video, you can see a purple mist around the boss, it could be a sign of him being possessed by Dark Matter, but I don't know it could just be me, but what do you think? Who do you think would be the final boss, let me know down below.
                  Alright, up next.

Another Yoshi Game....



                        Sigh... Don't you think we've had enough yoshi games, I mean no offense to the fans who like his games, but almost year after year we've been getting a lot of yoshi games. First the 3DS game, "Yoshi's New Island", then the Wii U game, "Yoshi's Wooly World", and then, "Yoshi's Wooly World" For the 3DS! I mean come on!
                        The port for Smash Bros understandable for me, because it's a competitive game and both consoles for it is really awesome because the idea of smashing people on the go, portable, is really fun, but if you have a Wii U and you already have the game for it, then what's the point for a 3DS version. I understand, you don't have a Wii U (I myself included) but the game on a handheld always felt inferior to me compared to the console version. Handhelds for me are more like televisions while consoles are the "Theater", always higher in quality!
                       But I do have to say, this game has the best graphics I've ever seen, almost too good for a yoshi game. I'm dead serious, the graphics in this game look so fucking real, like you almost feel like you're their in the game. Then I later found out it was developed in "Unreal Engine 4", that makes a whole lot of sense....


Metroid 2 Remake



               After the whole, "Nintendo is an asshole" fiasco with the removal of AM2R, a fangame created by a loyal Nintendo fan who've revamped "Metroid 2" for the Gameboy, i'm not sure how to feel about this one. I am not speaking for myself because i'm not a Metroid fan, a pretty casual one to be honest, the only Metroid game I played was Super Metroid, and yes I liked it, but it was more of the, "Good games I like", and not a, "Follower of the franchise".
                 However, I was mostly speaking for the fans in my mind, thinking to myself if this was an apology to the fans, and if Nintendo had been secretly working on it this whole time and this is why Nintendo went all, "CIA type shit" on the fangames or it was just pure coincidence. After all, we did get Federation Force that same year AM2R was gone, and yeah, you know how that ended...


Metroid Prime 4



          Who wouldn't be shitting their pants when they saw this trailer, who wouldn't be!? I mean hell I did, and i'm not even a Metroid fan! Okay that's an exaggeration, but remember when I said in the last highlight of Metroid 2, that i'm a casual fan, well then, I've heard many great things about Metroid Prime and I did see some gameplay footage for it, and it look quite fun to play (to bad I didn't have a gamecube...) so seeing this trailer for the first time too had be fucking excited and i'm not even a Metroid fan. Thank god it wasn't Other M, hahahaha, yeah. Thank you Nintendo for not making that move....


And finally!





Super Mario Odyssey!

But, before I get into the hype, let me give you my honorable mentions.


  • Super Mario Rabbids 
 I'm sorry, but I though it was a stupid concept, but seeing the trailer, it was kind of a 50/50 for me, probably because I remember playing rabbids at a friend's house at one time and it was really quite fun for us at the time, so I really could pick up this game but then I remember, I have no friends *cues sad violin music*.


  •  Mario and Luigi: Super Star Saga Remake
Not really an E3 Presentation but actually one of Nintendo's Treehouses announcements, I've always liked the Mario and Luigi RPG games, they were kinda fun, I liked it's use of timing button presses to initiate your attacks upon your enemy, so when Nintendo announced this game is getting a remake, I'm really eager to try it out. For one, I've never played this game before and I've heard this game is getting extra content, so that's pretty cool to have. Other than that, I might want to pick this game up, oh and yeah, you get to see shirtless Mario in 3D. 

  • Breath of the Wild DLC
It's just a DLC... That's it... 


---


             So now that's outta the way, let me start out by saying that this entire trailer is what saved Nintendo for me, Nintendo has risen from the grave to forgive us of our sins once again! Hallelujah! 
             When I first saw this trailer, I literally thought it was monster hunter or some kind of generic fantasy JRPG game, but then after that Jurassic Park spiel, the rest of the trailer blew my fucking balls off bouncing up into my fucking face in mixed reactions of, "What the fuck", to, "HOLY SHIT YOU CAN DO THAT!!!???". This trailer is literally what saved E3 for me, Nintendo won, hands down, I don't care what you fucking say, Nintendo fucking won, my childhood is back, it's fucking back. 
               And that song! That fucking song, it's so good! I'm dead serious, if you want to know the name of the song, it's called, "I'll Be Your 1-UP Girl", they have it all over youtube. I was so addicted to this fucking song, I was from listening to the trailer for the millionth time to people uploading an extended 30 minutes of it on LOOP!!! I just couldn't stop listening to it, it was so addicting!
                And on top of that, it on #1 on trending that day!!! It was around 200,000 views I remember at that time and it was trending, holy fucking shit! So let me breakdown the entire trailer of what I saw in a nutshell, ahem, here it goes, you're gonna need a beer for this one.

  • Throwing hats to possess shit
  • Become a dinosaur 
  • Possess human beings!?
  • Become a taxi car 
  • Become a frog
  • Become a tank shooting at shit
  • Mafia mario
  • Mariomare before christmas
  • Some sonic 06 type shit but even better
  • An official song (VEVO i'm looking at you...)
  • Peach in a wedding gown
  • Fighting evil bunny looking fuckers with special powers
  • Mexican mario
  • Collecting Green moons         
                 This trailer and all the previously mentioned, has single-handedly officially convinced me to get a Nintendo Switch. Never before in my life have I ever felt such happiness, my anxiety fading away at the moment and all these games are like gifts to me. It's not even my Birthday and it's not even Christmas, but I literally felt like this was a gift from Nintendo. I want to thank you Nintendo, thank you for inspiring me to become a game developer, inspiring me to make great things, and inspired my own happiness to take over me, you've been a great company and I've always loved you since day one, I'll always be your most loyal fan until my very demise.







NOW WHERE'S MOTH-


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Blog Episode 13: The Legacy

ㅤ THE LEGACY ㅤ And he said unto them, I beheld Satan as lightning fall from heaven. -Luke 10:18 KJV FOREWORD: The following post contains a very long story and documentary of my early life, my aspirations, how this forum was created, and my downfall, but mostly my personal life. This post may not be as accurate and some parts of the stories may have some discrepancies throughout the story, due to the fact that all of this is within a 10 year timespan, and I can’t recall every single thing that happened in my life, so I’m just jotting down everything that I remember so far. Some other parts of the story were intentionally altered however for the purpose of privacy, so please take that with a grain of salt.   If you do not feel like reading all of this, then I’d suggest that you scroll all the way to the bottom of this page and read the “TL:DR”, statement highlighted in red or click the j

Blog Episode 7: Fuck Quora

       These fucking, street shitting motherfuckers!           I swear to fucking god, if I see one more fucking google result from this fucking site, i'm going to rip my fucking hair out. Every time I type something in google and see this shitty fucking goddamn motherfucking cocksucking donkeydick licking, dickfucker, dick motherfucking fuck fucker piece of fucking shit, my brain cells begins to die slowly, one by fucking one.           Every single fucking time I search something on fucking google or some other fucking search engine, this fucking gay ass fucking site pops up and i'm getting so fucking sick and tired of this fucking site! It's literally everywhere like fucking cancer, and it never stops! It's like shoving a fucking dildo (unknowingly with aids) up your fucking ass, and in the fucking end, you get ten different fucking diseases! Fuck! I've fucking had it. I'm driven to fucking insanity. And I don't care what you motherfucking cunts

Blog Episode 29: Fucking Spics Have Ruined Everything (Fandoms)

Do you remember a couple years back when I made a rant about a fucking group of people, called fuckin' "spics"? Well here is Vol. 2 of this shit, the fucking sequel. My blood is fucking boiling from these fucking cockroaches that roam this fucking earth, just seeing and thinking about their fucking faces makes me want to punch their overweight mexoids into fucking oblivion. But I digress, let's talk about fandoms and how so far, burning bridges with every fandom that I have come in contact with had and still has become my only option. Do you remember the example I gave with my grievance of Sonic The Hedgehog? You know, the fandom that I wanted to give a chance, because back then I was a Nintendo fan, I wanted to try something new and just wanted to dip my toes into Sega's waters? Well, that soon backfired because half of the fucking fandom is ruined by these fucking spics. These fucking taco munching assholes that speak "jajajajajajaja el sinco muchos lachas